Image 1 of 1
Battery Peck was a reinforced concrete, Endicott Period 6 inch coastal gun battery on Fort Hancock (2), New Jersey. The battery was named in G.O. 105, 9 Oct 1902, after 1st Lt. Fremont P. Peck (Cullum 3190), Ordnance Department, U.S. Army, who was accidentally killed 10 Feb 1895, by the bursting of a gun at Sandy Hook Proving Ground, New Jersey. Battery construction started in 1901, was completed in 1903 and transferred to the Coast Artillery for use 10 Nov 1903 at a cost of $ 33,940.25. Deactivated in 1943.
- ©2015 Michael J Treola Photography All Rights Reserved.
- Image Size
- 6134x3790 / 66.6MB
- Contained in galleries
- Newest Images, Sandy Hook Stock Images, Stock - Sandy Hook