Sandy Hook National Gateway Recreation Area Lighthouse during morning sunrise.
This is the old 9 gun battery in Fort Hancock Sandy Hook Highlands NJ. Built between 1898 and 1904, three 8” and six 12” guns were used to protect New York Harbor. The battery was decommissioned 1943-44. Most of the battery is fallen in disrepair and closed to the public due to its extremely hazardous conditions.Add to Cart Download